1. Great glass ceiling on this gorgeous, 1970’s tiny house designed by architect Mickey Muennig. Perfect for spend a night watching the stars.
2. This is a mural painted by for designer Marc Ecko’s home . It’s done on a recessed dome ceiling on the second floor, but is actually visible from the ground floor because there is a hole through the second floor (hence the railing).
3. ‘s ceiling design is awesome! He puts a bare light bulb on the ceiling.
4. A rounded bookcase on the ceiling? This is an amazing idea designed by for Wade Davis’ Writing Studio. Wade Davis has one of the most coveted jobs in America – Explorer-in-Residence at the National Geographic Society. He whimsically calls the space his “Navajo kiva of knowledge.”
5. Ficus carica (the plants) makes a breathtaking display of aerial greenery filling the glass dome of what was once a chapel. Tradition has it that the dome was built round the tree.
6. Another solution for booklovers, a great high ceiling with wood beams and a circular bookcase all around the living room.
7. Would never expect that a ceiling lined with reeds would look so cool? Reed ceiling board originally created to simulate the underside of a traditional thatched roof, these boards are now often used to add a tropical atmosphere. Check out the rest of the Comfortable and Rela Summer House.
8. Fresh and contemporary ceiling at Fez House designed by talented architect Alvaro Leite Siza Vieira.
9. Old stone ceiling and contemporary furniture. The space has been brought into modern times yet still feels like we’re peeking into a stone home of a fairytale character.
10. New York architects have designed a house for Inner Mongolia, China as part of the project. Lighting plays the main part in the minimalist style. The ceiling is designed to allow natural light into the space.